Stairs have long stopped being just functional, they have become an important element of the interior design.
Our professionals have many years of experience and will help you choose the best type of wood, design, shape and technical solutions you need for your wooden stairs.
Choosing the type of wood, surface finishing and details, it is most important to have a final product that suits the interior design and the rest of your furniture in colour and style. Usually, the wood is chosen with regards to the parquetry or interior doors.
You can choose your ideal stairs in a wide variety of finishing touches as the final staircase manufactured will depend mostly on your desires and the space available. There is no reason not to choose wood for larger staircases as well!
What we can make:
- Self-supporting stairs with wooden stringers: All the elements are made from massive wood. The side supporting elements (stringers) can be straight or curved, and risers can be added to the treads for fully covered floating stairs.
- Self-supporting or floating stairs with metal stringers: With this type of staircases the wooden elements are attached to the metal structure – the stringers.
- Self-supporting stairs with no visible stringers – floating stairs: These are a special type of staircases with hidden metal stringers. They are called floating stairs because there are no visible stringers and the stairs seem to float in the room.
- Wood lining for concrete stairs: To make concrete stairs warm, gentle and more refined, we can make beautiful wood tiles to cover them. Our advice is to cover both the treads and the risers along with wall linings – this will make cleaning much simpler and the staircase will seem beautifully unified.
All types of stairs can be combined with other materials of your choice (metal, glass, stone).
Banisters: As the appearance of stairs is very important for a coherent interior design, so are the banisters. They should suit the stairs is style and details. Our customers can choose from a variety of banister designs for wooden stairs, marble or ceramic stairs. Materials can be combines as the customer pleases – wood, metal (stainless steel, forged, patinated elements etc.), glass, marble, rope, cable...
Types of wood
Our products are made of high quality wood types, from hardwoods like oak, cherry, maple and ash, to softwoods like beech and pine. Here is the complete list you can choose from:
- Local deciduous trees: oak, ash, maple, beech, steamed beech, pear, steamed pear, cherry, steamed cherry, nut tree, steamed nut tree, elm, birch, alder, acacia, chestnut, lime and apple tree.
- Local coniferous trees: larch, spruce and pine.
- Exotic woods: Canadian maple, American cherry, American nut tree, Siberian larch, mahogany, wenge, cedar, iroko, padouk, anigre, tiger wood, doussie, merbau, teak and zebrano.
Various preservation coatings are used to protect wood from harm, while different treatment techniques give the customer a wider choice of colours:
- Wood bleaching (a process that lightens the natural colour of the wood, softens the colour flaws and equalises the surface colour of the wood, giving the stairs a very modern look),
- Wood leaching (a procedure that enables us to change the colour of the wood, so we can make stairs in any colour of choice),
- Wood painting according to RAL colour chart (enabling a precise colour of choice),
- Wood varnish (a very common way to protect wood, giving it either mat, gloss or satin finish),
- Colour varnish (natural or synthetic varnishes, changing not only the base colour of the wood but also emphasising its texture),
- Cut wood finish, brushed wood, sanded wood…